I can’t decide if I’m going to have this post right away, or on the 31st, we’ll see how I feel at the end of the post.
2015 brought me a new job, a new apartment in a better part of SoCal, and lots and lots of new ideas. I feel like I have so many, it’ll be impossible to get them all out.
So I decided I’m going to make a couple of New Year’s Resolution when it comes to my writing and my reading. (This doesn’t include my resolution to get back to the weight I was at last year, but that’s a whole different story.)
2016 New Year’s Resolution List
Here. We. GO.
- For 2015, my goal was to read 50 books. I read 44. While that number isn’t bad, it was six, SIX, short! This year, I plan to read 50! I will hit that number. I’m sure of it.
- Bring TOSOH to my critique class and let it get torn to shreds. This one is pretty self explanatory. I will also add to this, cry over shreds and edit to be beautiful and ready for…
- Query. Query TOSOH. I will need lots of chocolate during this time. And a bottle of champagne for when I finally…
- Get an agent. This may be the hardest thing on the list, but I’m confident that 2016 will be my year. Come hell or high water, I will end this year with an agent.
- Write rough drafts of at least two of my other manuscript ideas. I have lots of ideas just floating around in my head, and lots of notes made about many of these projects, but have yet to start writing any of them.
- Edit one of my already written rough drafts (I have two currently) for beta readers and get it into their hands.
That’s all. For now. I’ve decided to just go ahead and post this. Who knows, maybe I’ll think of a couple more things to add to this list, but if I don’t, it seems like a pretty good dang list.
Putting in writing made this all so real all of a sudden. But my life goal is to be a full time writer, and I won’t get there by not pushing myself. 2016 will be the year of Kevin. The year of getting stuff done!
What are your New Year’s resolutions?